Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes
If you are looking for Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes you are at the right place. We have setup a Medicare Insurance Directory with a separate medicare provider listing for each of the 50 US States and the Virgin Islands. You will find ten of the Best Medicare Advantage, Supplemental Insurance and RX Plans for Seniors. Get one or more Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes today! Click on your state to the right or the link above.
Types of Medicare Supplement Insurance
In order to understand what types of Medicare Supplement Insurance there are you need to understand the four parts to medicare.
- Medicare Part A: That is the hospital insurance that comes with the original medicare plan. Part A is hospital insurance that helps cover inpatient care in hospitals, skilled nursing facility, hospice, and home health care.
- Medicare Part B: Part B helps cover medically-necessary services like doctors’ services, outpatient care, home health services, and other medical services. Part B also covers some preventive services. If you have Part B, you pay a Part B premium each month.
- Medicare Part C: Medicare Advantage Plans (like an HMO or PPO) are another Medicare health plan choice you may have as part of Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called Part C or MA Plans, are offered by private companies approved by Medicare. Many Medicare Advantage Plans now combine Parts A,B & D.
- Medicare Part D: Also called Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.These plans (sometimes called PDPs) add drug coverage to Original Medicare. You can purchase these plans by themselves or combined with Medicare Advantage Plans
Those are the four parts to Medicare. The optional medicare plans available in the private sector are Medicare Advantage Plans Part C, and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans Part D. There is one more optional plan you need to know about and that is Medigap or Medicare Supplement Plans. (Medicare Supplement) refers to various private supplemental health insurance plans sold to Medicare beneficiaries in the United States that provide coverage for medical expenses not or only partially covered by Medicare. Medigap’s name is derived from the notion that it exists to cover the difference or “gap” between the expenses reimbursed by Medicare and the total amount charged.
Open Enrollment Season for Medicare Supplement Insurance
October 15th begins the medicare enrollment period for Seniors. Between Oct 15 - Dec 7th eligible Seniors can add a Medicare Supplement Plan, switch to a Medicare Advantage Plan or add on a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. There are several other changes that can be made in addition. If you are looking to join a Medicare Advantage Plan enter your zip code below.
Who is eligible for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
You can apply for a Medicare Supplement plan insurance policy if you are:
- A resident of a state where the policy is offered
- Enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B
- Age 65 or over or, in some states, under age 65 with a disability and/or end stage renal disease (plan offerings and eligibility vary by state).
Plus, you may qualify for guaranteed issue into a Medicare Supplement plan, regardless of your medical history, if you meet certain criteria such as applying during your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period. Rules in some states may vary. Get a Medicare Supplement Insurance Quote today!